Mohammed Sam Peñafuerte
Head of Development
Sam is the Head of Development at Transcend International, primarily responsible for developing business partnerships with Transcend’s corporate clients. He is an executive coach and is accredited as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) by the International Coaching Federation. Sam is also a facilitator of Transcend’s in-house corporate trainings, as well as its professional coach training programs.
The following characterizes Sam’s approach and impact with clients:
- Being a global citizen (mutli-ethnic/cultural/linguist who lived in 8 countries and speaks 8 languages) shows up in Sam’s coaching and training approach: He is inclusive and naturally skilled at creating safe environments for people of various backgrounds to be their best selves.
- His corporate work experience at dynamic places like Google, as well as his commitment to and passion for entrepreneurship, inspires him and his clients to see that there are always possibilities for growth and development (even, and especially in challenging situations).
- Sam is also a wellness practitioner (yoga and mindfulness meditation teacher) and this influences his way of being, coaching/training, and client journeys. Sam’s key philosophy is: “if we want to change our lives we must first change ourselves”. Inner work and transformation naturally reflects outwards.
Areas of Expertise:
- Business/career growth and development
- Partnership/stakeholder/relationship building
- Cross-functional and -cultural work effectiveness
- Workplace wellness and work/life balance
- Identifying and cultivating purpose and values
Qualifications and Education:
- PCC Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certificate of Professional Coaching Mastery, Transcend International
- Corporate-Based Mindfulness Trainer, Potential Project
- Master’s in Economic Development, Geneva Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland
- Bachelor’s in International Studies, Middlebury College, United States