Michelle Chan –Partner, Executive Coach, Mentor & Facilitator
Areas of Expertise
- Cross Cultural Leadership, Mentoring and Coaching
- Coaching and Mentoring Skill for leaders – Change Management, Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Career Transition, Empowerment and Delegation
- Mentor Coaching and Training of Coaches.
- Facilitation and Training: ICF Accreditation Program (ACSTH, ACTP); Coaching and Mentoring; Effective communication, Self-awareness & Self-development, Change Management, Corp Based Mindfulness Training,
Qualifications & Memberships
- ICF Certified PCC and Mentor Coach,
- Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL) Level 1, 2,3 ACTP Training Certification
- New Ventures West – Advanced Coaching Training by James Flaherty
- Certified “Stakeholder Centered Coaching –By Marshall Goldsmith”
- Certified Genos Emotional Intelligence practitioner and trainer.
- Certified AMT（Academy for Mindful Teaching）teacher for 5-19 years old.
- Certified CBMT (Corp- Based Mindfulness Training) Facilitator.
- Certified MBSR Practitioner
- Certified DiSC，MBTI，Hogan practitioner.
- Certified NLP Practitioner and Coach
- Time Line Therapy™ Practitioner
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA, Sc. Computer Science,
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China, BSc Telecommunication Engineering
- Transcend International – A Coaching and Leadership Development Training and consulting firm;
- Partner (3 year); Associate Director (7 years)
- MRI Worldwide– A worldwide Leading executive search, talent management, talent market research and employer branding consultancy (10 years)
- Managing Director, HK; Director and Regional Practice Director, Greater China, 10 years
- Cybertroncis – A leading Electronics manufacturer in Asia and US (6 years)
- Engineering Director; Technical Marketing Specialist; Senior Project Manager.
- Comdial, VA /CA, United States – A telephony design house (5 years)
- Assistant Project Manager; (1 year in Hong Kong) ; Senior Software Engineer;
Honors and Awards
- MRI Asia Pacific (among over 20 offices in China, Taiwan, HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Philippine, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, excluded Japan)
- “#2 Manager” Award, MRI AP,
- “#1 Manager” Award, MRI AP,
- Top 3 Best Consultant Award, MRI AP in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011.
- “Hong Kong Governor’s Industry Award” – as one of leading engineers for an Intercom features Phone.
- “National Mathematics Competition, third Prize” at age of 15.
Michelle has been actively involved with leadership development, executive coaching and mentoring since 2007. Her coaching and mentoring experience covers the area of cross cultural leadership; Change Management, Empowerment and Delegation; Self-awareness and Self-development; transition period career coaching etc. Michelle has also facilitated many coaching and leadership development workshops in last few years. Her clients vary from Chinese SOEs（such as China Unicom, Bank of China）to the multinational companies. Michelle’ facilitation style is highly interactive and she engages participants to “learn from doing” through an action-learning approach.
Michelle has a proven track record, having worked with over 250 coaching and mentoring counterparts from technical experts to senior executive levels. She has partnered with her clients to develop an effective leadership capable of steering companies through necessary change. Michelle’s multicultural, corporate and executive recruitment background adds value and diversity to her executive coaching practice. Michelle’s clients have found her unique insight of people development, business practices and ability to engage with Asian, European and American business partners. She is an expert at inviting coaches to challenge their long held and potentially self-limiting beliefs and conditioning.
Michelle earned her BSc in China at age of 20. She began her professional career as a software engineer. Prior to joining MRI, she was Regional Engineering Director with a leading international EMS manufacturer to manage their engineering teams in Hong Kong, China and Malaysia. As the regional practice director of MRI China Group and Managing Director of Hong Kong office, Michelle setup MRI’s JVs in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and their research center in Chengdu, China. Michelle had built up and managed the most profitable business unit within MRI China Group (10 offices in 6 countries). As one of the top consultants in the region, Michelle had heavily involved to support her clients’ organisational development, talent development, retention and succession planning.
Michelle speaks fluent English, Mandarin, Cantonese and basic Japanese and Burmese. She had lived in China, Burma, US, UK, Japan before she rejoined her family in Hong Kong in the late of 1990s. Michelle currently lives in Hong Kong with her husband, son, two dogs and five cats. She has a passionate interest in mathematics and enjoys hiking, reading, cooking and developing youth.