"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself"
- Galileo Galilei
Coaching is a series of collaborative learning conversations that facilitate improved performance through development and strengthening of optimal behaviours. Transcend coaches use leading edge, multidisciplinary, evidenced-based adult learning frameworks in a systematic, creative process of:
- Setting appropriate goals
- Discovering / challenging and reframing limiting beliefs and assumptions
- Exploring options
- Taking skilful actions that result from moment-by-moment conscious choices
- Reflecting on learning
The outcome for coaching clients is that they improve their personal and organisational effectiveness through cultivating exceptional emotional and mental balance, thereby benefiting the individual and the organisation.
Professional Coaching is one of our core competencies
Coaching is our DNA and it has been one of our core competencies from the beginning. Highlighted below are some of our strengths that have enabled us to be among the most sought-after coaching and coach training companies:
We have 20+ years of global executive and professional coaching experience across the entire coaching spectrum, with clients spread all around the world and spanning most industries. We are renowned in the industry for our expertise in Transformational Coaching, Team Coaching, Executive Coaching, Coaching Supervision and Mentor Coaching
We are Former Presidents of ICF (International Coaching Federation) Hong Kong and Hong Kong International Coaching Community, and are Founding Members of EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council) Asia Pacific
We are thought leaders in the integration of scientifically grounded mindfulness-based approaches to enhance coaching effectiveness. Our mindfulness based approaches help our clients become more self-aware and manage their attention moment-by-moment on the things that are important to them and make the right choices for themselves in any given moment of choice.
Pioneers: Our coach training is Hong Kong’s 1st ICF-Level 2 (formerly ACTP) and Asia’s first EMCC-EQA accredited programme which has now been delivered on every continent
High-quality Partnerships: We have well-developed partnerships with leading coaching and coach training organisations such as Potential Project, Coaching and Mentoring International, Genos International and Bluesky International
Our coaching programmes are built on the following principles:
- The need to adapt styles and behaviours to optimise results in the rapidly changing world of work (the Pressured, Always-on Information-overloaded and Distracted (PAID) reality)
- The need to remain conscious of short and long term developmental objectives moment by moment, even in the midst of difficulties.
- The need to be able to manage attention moment-by-moment, even under stress.
- The need to bridge the gap between “what we know” and “what we do” (the “knowing-doing gap)!
- The need, particularly in today’s and tomorrow’s world, to work with, work through and develop people with diverse styles and ways of working.
- That leaders and managers are increasingly expected to coach their people to enable growth and development, and that most of what happens when leaders / managers think they are coaching and developing their people is having the opposite impact (“when too much help is given, self- confidence, self-efficacy and ability are taken away”).
- The need to be able to manage their attention moment-by-moment towards their goals, strengths and resources.
- To get the results coaching promises, competencies must be not only developed but embodied, and default behaviours must change.
- The reasons senior people in organisations are not effective are rarely technical, and more often adaptive. Coaching, and certainly learning coaching skills, builds adaptive capacity, the key to success in the modern world of work.
- The need to build “adaptive” rather than simply “technical” capacity.
- With focused awareness and effective attention regulation, literally, anything can be changed, even previously held “long term” traits which are not useful to the success of individuals. All that is needed is the will, the path and the appropriate support.
We offer Coaching Services in the following areas:
- We help senior executives and leaders to develop themselves in response to adaptive challenges and changing ways of being, They learn to influence others by developing ‘presence’, become adept at managing bias and gain clarity for establishing a strong leadership legacy
- We help teams have the conversations they need to have with themselves and others so that they thrive and create value for their present and future stakeholders. Team coaching integrates and maximises the value of other team interventions and experience to build the long-term capability of the team
- We help coaches develop the capability to reflect on their practice and continuously develop through the exploration of their coaching work. We work with coaches to develop the macroskill of reflective practice as one of many ways to develop competency, capacity and capability
We help senior executives and leaders to develop themselves and others in response to the adaptive challenges they face. They learn to relate better to and better influence others by developing ‘presence’, become adept at managing bias and gain clarity for establishing a strong leadership legacy (see some more outcomes of Transcend coaching HERE)
We help teams have the conversations they need to have internally and others so that they thrive and create value for their present and future stakeholders. Team coaching integrates and maximises the value of other team interventions and experience to build the long-term capability of the team. Components of a team coaching solution can include team diagnostics, work on team vision, mission(s) and values, external and internal processes, leadership and learning processes.
We help coaches develop the capability to reflect on their practice and continuously develop through the exploration of their coaching work. We work with coaches to develop the skill of reflective practice as one of many ways to develop competency, capacity and capability not only for their coaching, but for all aspects of their lives.