Certificate in Professional Coaching (Stage 1)
Certificate in Professional Coaching
(Stage 1 in our Transformational Coaching Programmes)
The Certificate in Professional Coaching – a dually accredited ICF Level 1 & EMCC EQA programme – is designed to create a strong foundational set of coaching skills and ‘potentially initiating a coaching practice’. Coaches graduate with the confidence, capability and competence to coach at the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level as defined by the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
The training is presented at the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Practitioner level and qualifying coaches can apply for their European Individual Award (EIA). Internal or organisational coaches and new coaches often choose this programme.
|Programme Duration:||3 days (In-person), 3 months (Online)|
|Mode of Delivery:||In-person / Online|
|Completion Requirements:||71 hours of coach-specific education|
10 hours of mentor coaching,
Assignments, a recording of a coaching
|Language of Instruction:||English|
Connect With Us
Call us at +852 8191 6819 (Mondays – Fridays between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm HKT excluding public holidays) or contact us below. We’re happy to help.
Why Choose Transcend for coach training
Transcend courses are grounded in cutting-edge neuroscience and coaching research
Your transformational learning journey is designed with the perspective that skillful coaches have been on a journey of transformation themselves. You will learn through various proven methods and practical assignments. Each unit includes elements of world-class instruction, shared learning, applied practice, debriefs, expert feedback, and transformational coaching. The International Coaching Federation (ICF) and the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) both accredit our programmes.
Who is this for?
This programme is designed to create a strong fundamental set of coaching skills and can be the start of building a coaching practice. Any professional seeking to bring coaching into their day-to-day responsibilities at work can use it. This programme is commonly chosen by:
- Internal and Organisational Coaches
- New Coaches
- Consultants & Trainers
- Psychometric tool practitioners
Aims and Objectives
This programme is designed to create a firm foundation for those beginning their professional coaching journey, targeting essential competencies for credentialing with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and/or the International Coaching Federation (ICF). It challenges coaches to develop competency at the EMCC Practitioner level and ICF ACC level, building on existing foundations through deepening theories, practice, and developmental feedback. Coaches demonstrate competency at a Foundational level and commit to ongoing development.
The programme rapidly and effectively builds coaching competency, grounding coaches in models, developmental theory, and neuroscience. It develops competency and capability in horizontal and vertical development, moving beyond traditional performance coaching.
- A deep understanding of what coaching is and developing the ability to be grounded in ‘who you are’ as a coach, what is expected from the role of a coach and remain present in a transformational way
- Initial grounding in models, theory and science to support a coach’s development
- As coaches in learning, be able to practice coaching and base a coaching practice in internationally accepted best practices, including internationally recognized competency frameworks, ethics and professional standards and definitions
- To become skillful in managing clients, conduct conversations and programmes in a way that is focused and relevant to a client’s goals and desired outcomes
- A commitment to competency-based development grounded in practice-focused feedback and reflection
- An appreciation for the value of and active participation in supervision and mentoring support, engagement in learning and reflective practice
- Grounding in adult learning, neuroscience and developmental theory
- Deepening skills in the application of foundational models, methods and coaching moves
- New coaching tools and applications of existing tools to broaden and deepen coaching skills
- Increased skill in partnering with coaching clients in the development of well-formed goals
- To become more aware of who you are as a coach and deal with real coaching challenges and opportunities from practice
- Confidence they have surpassed coaching competency at the Foundational level through assessment and benchmarked at the ACC level as defined by the ICF
- To link coaching approaches and practices to developmental theory and neuroscience
- For detailed information on the programme, click here
All students are expected to complete all aspects of the programme which includes live trainer instruction, practice, discussions, assignments, Q&A sessions, participate in feedback and observed coaching. Additionally students will receive mentor coaching/coaching supervision. In the event that attendance is not possible then alternative solutions will be provided that comply with ICF and EMCC coach training standards.
Successful completion earns the coach our Certificate in Professional Coaching and is approved content for Level 1 Accreditation (71 contact learning hours). Graduates are eligible to apply for the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) Credential using the Level 1 Path or for the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) Credential using the Portfolio Path if they qualify.
Coaches choosing the EMCC path to accreditation are required additional assignments before being recommended to the EMCC for accreditation at the appropriate level based on your coaching experience and capabilities.
|Online Certificate in Professional Coaching Schedule|
|Online||September 6 – November 22, 2023||(Wednesdays – 18:00 – 21:00 HKT)|
|Early Bird (if you enrol by August 6, 2023)|
|In-person Certificate in Professional Coaching Schedule|
|Online||September 6, October 25, November 1, November 8, November 15, November 22, November 29, December 6, 2023||(Wednesdays – 18:00 – 21:00 HKT)|
|In-person||September 15-17, 2023||(Friday: 13:30 – 20:30 HKT, Saturday & Sunday: 09:30 – 18:00 HKT)|
|Early Bird (if you enrol by August 6, 2023)|
|Ready to begin your coach training journey?|
With a focus on the Greater China region, Michelle uses her extensive leadership experience and training to bring forth her passion to develop people.Read more
Do you have any questions about our Coach Training programmes?
Setting Well-formed Goals: Goals that actually work
Our Approach to Coach Training
Coaching is a series of collaborative one-to-one learning conversations that facilitate improved performance through development and strengthening of optimal behaviours.
Moving Forward: Setting Goals That Work
We all have goals. Whether it’s in our personal lives or professional domains, we aspire to do and be better. This improved state is our goal.
Successful completion of Modules 1 & 2 earns the coach our Certificate in Professional Coaching and is approved content for 67 ACSTH or 67 CCEs (Continuous Coach education Units)