Team Coach Training
Team Coaching Practitioner Programme
The Practitioner programme, which is grounded in the pioneering work of Professor David Clutterbuck and his team coaching research and methodologies, is the starting point for anyone wanting to become a team coach. It aims to ensure competency, capability and confidence to apply team coaching approaches to help teams become more effective and, ultimately, develop the capability to coach themselves. The context is coaching teams in the workplace.
|Programme Duration:||2.25 months (Online) / 2.5 days (In-Person)|
|Mode of Delivery:||Online/In-Person|
|Prerequisites:||A solid foundation of experience and expertise in one-to-one coaching and want to add team coaching to your portfolio.
Previous team coaching experience and have facilitated teams or groups
Not required, but GTCI Gateway programme could have been completed or a CMI or other team coaching foundational level programme
|Completion Requirements:||Team to practise on during the programme – could be a pro-bono team such as a school or church committee, on-going team, not-for-profit or agile teams, etc. Does not need to be a ‘typical’ paying client, rather a team that will benefit from your learning how to team coach; preferably with a co-coach.
Preferred – team coaching with a co-coach on your or their practice team.
Opportunities can be for you to pair up with someone from the course.
6 hours pre-work prior to programme commencement, including reading, team coach development plan and team development plan
2x short reflective essays about yourself as a team coach and a team coaching engagement
Anticipate 1 – 2 hours in between course sessions for preparatory work
Please note that the ICF and the EMCC have additional requirements for credentialing purposes, which can be found at www.coachingfederation.org or at www.emccglobal.org
|Language of Instruction:||English|
Connect With Us
Call us at +852 8191 6819 (Mondays – Fridays between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm HKT excluding public holidays) or contact us below. We’re happy to help.
• Our Approach to Coach Training
• Download Online Professional Coach Training Outline
• Learn more about our Full Professional Coach Training Pathway
Why Choose Transcend for coach training
Our team coaching programmes and faculty are deeply engaged in the cutting edge of this profession.
We have extensive team coaching experience in multicultural global settings. We are on the learning edge of this developing area of coaching. We have 8 years of experience training accredited team coaches. And, we are involved in the cutting edge of research and curriculum development for team coaching through our partnership with Professor David Clutterbuck, he is a non-executive Director of Transcend
Who is this for?
This programme is designed for leaders of teams, one-on-one coaches, internal coaches, HR & L&D professionals, and advanced coaches interested in pursuing and developing comprehensive skills in Team Coaching.
Leader of Teams
leader of teams (or teams of teams) who is highly skilled at creating the conditions to enable their teams to be focused, effective, and sustainably producing results that are more than the sum of their parts. Imagine a team leader who is team literate, able to create a team coaching culture with new and existing teams, and understands how to get the most out of their teams and teams of teams.
Imagine a highly effective one-on-one coach who can work with leaders, team members and coach the team itself. A well-rounded professional, confident and capable team coach who can deliver measurable results, applying a wide range of interventions to enable teams and team leaders to new levels of efficiency and excellence.
Imagine an internal coach who can create significant value for teams and their leaders within the organisation. Utilising their exceptional coaching and team coaching skills to create value within the systems they are a part of.
HR & L&D Professionals
Imagine a Human Resources and/or Learning and Development professional who is able to add value through team coaching, team wisdom, and team leadership. Supporting teams, team members, team leaders, and internal coaches to develop high-performing learning teams that create value.
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this programme is as follows:
- Developing yourself as a team coach
- Supporting and working with the team leader
- Understanding Complex Adaptive Systems
- Flexing different modes of working with teams
- Contracting and Psychological Safety
- Using the PERILL model with teams
- Defining the issues and goal setting
- Working with a co-coach, stakeholders and/or client sponsor
- Differences between individual coaching and team coaching. Identifying team strengths and weaknesses.
- Key steps in the team coaching process-contracting, scoping, developing the team’s capacity to coach itself
- An understanding of research-based grounded methodologies and diagnostics that we employ to help you develop high-performing, value-creating teams
- A structured approach to Team Coaching – Learn our complex adaptive systemic approach combined with highly practical techniques to enhance team effectiveness and efficacy
- The ability to take a team through the team coaching process
- Increased capability to manage all aspects of the team coaching process including team coaching conversations
- How Team Coaching positively impacts your individual coaching practice by developing your competence to handle complex personalities in a dynamic environment
- For detailed information on the Team Coaching Practitioner programme structure,
- Team to practise on during the programme – could be a pro-bono team such as a school or church committee, on-going team, not-for-profit or agile teams, etc. Does not need to be a ‘typical’ paying client, rather a team that will benefit from your learning how to team coach; preferably with a co-coach.
- Preferred – team coaching with a co-coach on your or their practice team. Opportunities can be for you to pair up with someone from the course.
- 6 hours pre-work prior to programme commencement, including reading, team coach development plan and team development plan
- 2x short reflective essays about yourself as a team coach and a team coaching engagement
- Anticipate 1 – 2 hours in between course sessions for preparatory work
The ICF has announced plans for their accreditation for Team Coaching programmes or coaches and this programme has been designed to meet their anticipated standards. At present this programme is a European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Global Team Coaching Training Quality Award (TCQA) programme (TCQA20200005) and 40.5 (36.5 CC & 4 RD) International Coaching Federation (ICF) Continuing Coach Education (CCE) hours, as such you will have specific elements to complete. If you are interested in attaining an accreditation, you will have the opportunity to apply for the EMCC Team Coaching Practitioner upon completion of all the programme requirements.
|The programme starts in May 5th, 2022, includes 10 two-hour online sessions, Thursday evenings, 19:30 – 21:30 HKT |12:30 – 14:30 UKT | 10:30 – 12:30 ACT | 13:30 – 15:30 SAST.|
|Early Bird Discount||HKD14,875 – full payment required 30 days before the program date|
|Corporate Rate||For 3 or more coaches|
|Alumni Rate||We offer special discounts to Transcend Alumni|
|Ready to begin your coach training journey?|
Tony believes that the role of a coach is to provide a coachee with the tools to become truly “self generative” and “self corrective” throughRead more
Craig is committed to creating the conditions for successful enduring change for individuals and organisations.Read more
With a focus on the Greater China region, Michelle uses her extensive leadership experience and training to bring forth her passion to develop...Read more
To enhance and diversify your learning experience we may invite special guests, such as Prof. David Clutterbuck, and team coaching experts and alumni.
Do you have any questions about our Team Coach Training programmes?
Team Coaching: Building A Coaching Culture With Work Teams
As the discipline of professional team coaching continues to build momentum around the world, the focus is on helping coaches to transition from one to one to team coach.
Why Train to be a Team Coach with Transcend
Developing from an Individual Coach to a Team Coach: What challenges have you observed or experienced?
Highly developed individual coaching skills are a crucial requirement for coaches to make the transition from one on one or group coach to a team coach.
Successful completion of Modules 1 & 2 earns the coach our Certificate in Professional Coaching and is approved content for 67 ACSTH or 67 CCEs (Continuous Coach education Units)