Director and Master Coach, Head of Team Coaching and Global Development, Transcend International Holdings Ltd.
ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
EMCC Accredited Team Coach and Coach at Senior Practitioner Level
EMCC Accredited Coach Supervisor
Head of CASP Team Coaching Programme, Coaching and Mentoring International (CMI)/ David Clutterbuck Partnerships (DCP) and the Global Team Coaching Institute (GTCI)
Coaching, Team Coaching, Leadership Development, and Coaching Supervision
- Extensive international executive and leadership coaching, team coaching and training experience covering a broad range of leadership competencies, leadership development, as well as, mindset and behavioural change
- Team Coaching trainer and team coach with a focus on developing high performing boards/executive teams in cross cultural organisations (both corporate and NGO). This includes meaningful work with boards in challenging external and internal conditions.
- Emotional Intelligence: Developing the set of skills that are foundational to success and wellbeing for leaders and followers
- 360 Feedback and Psychometric Assessment based coaching
- Coaching for all levels of management and leadership
- Mentor Coaching/Coaching Supervision for the professional development internal and external coaches
- Group coaching for targeted development
Facilitation, Training, Design
- 20+ years experience designing customized, effective and engaging leadership solutions for organisations, individuals and groups
- Training and facilitation of a large variety of licensed and customised programs focused on Leadership Development, Workplace Communication, Change Leadership, Innovation, Mentoring and Coaching
- Board development – focused on developing effective board level leadership, organisational vision, and resonant organisations
STYLE AND POINT OF VIEW
Craig has an authentic blend of gentle strength, humour, wisdom and warmth that he utilises to create the conditions for people to develop.
Working with people interested in change he creates awareness, generates insights, provides clarity and adds value. Described by his clients as having a direct, simple and focused presence. He has the ability to narrow issues to key concepts, discern what is important and ask simple thought provoking questions that create meaningful movement toward desired goals. Working with coaching clients at an appropriately challenging level, he can adjust his approach and direction to achieve results.
In recent interview, he reflected on his perspective on coaching:
It’s simply about stuff…
It’s about the stuff of life… some of it’s useful, some not so useful, or no longer useful. If you really want to change, then professional coaching is the best path.
Meaningful stuff, leadership stuff, practical stuff, future stuff… the stuff dreams are made of.
If you want to… get your stuff together, get stuff done, figure stuff out, clear stuff out of the way, prioritise stuff, clean stuff up, in a nutshell, I help people with their stuff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Founding Member, European Mentoring and Coaching Council Asia Pacific Region
- Past President, International Coaching Federation Hong Kong Charter Chapter
- Master Trainer and Certified EI Practitioner, Genos Emotional Intelligence
- Certified Coaching Supervisor, Coaching Supervision Academy, England
- Corporate-based Mindfulness Trainer, Potential Project International
- Certified Mind Body Bridging Practitioner, co-authored book on Mind Body Bridging for the Workplace
- Psychometric Assessments: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Certification, FIRO-B® certification, DISC Certified
- Former VP of Coach Development, Hong Kong International Coach Community
Craig is passionate about creating pathways to connect and unleash leaders to make an unexpected and sustainable positive impact on their companies, communities and societies at large. He has over 1000 hours of coaching and mentoring experience with proven and emerging leaders and has facilitated and designed programmes for executives and leaders at all levels within organisations in over 10 countries over 25 years.
Currently a Director at Transcend International, his role includes strategic and operational leadership within the business and oversight and development of the portfolio of programs and services for Leaders, Organisations, Trainers and Facilitators and Professional Coaches.
Prior to his involvement with Transcend International, Craig was Director of Training and Delivery with the Institute of Executive Coaching and prior to that Senior Consultant for Leadership Development at Ethos International, a John Swire and Sons Company. These leadership development and coaching focused roles followed a 17 year career giving leadership in the not-for-profit/NGO sector both in Canada and South East Asia.
His leadership has been characterised as strategic, entrepreneurial, inspirational and empathetic. He led turnaround and organisational change initiatives with virtually minimal attrition and organisational stress. He has significant experience in developing boards and executive board members and was sought out as a guest speaker and a consultant for conferences and strategy sessions.
He has worked with corporations, institutions and non-governmental organisations to increase cooperation, avoid duplication, develop socio-entrepreneurial capacity and to make their organisations more strategic, healthy and efficient. Following the tsunami of December 2004, Craig worked closely with relief and development agencies and the members of the international military ensure individuals and teams were effective in an exceptionally traumatic environment. His exposure to the disaster and related traumas led to shift in careers and a journey through burn out, emotional exhaustion and post-traumatic stress. For the remainder of his career, Craig desires to invest his life in helping people create the conditions for meaningful sustainable success.