As part of Work-Life Balance week in October (16th-20th) Transcend International has joined together with Community Business and will be hosting a taster workshop. This taster will be related to lifestyle factors that can help individuals and organisations achieve a more balanced lifestyle and adopt strategies to cope better with the demands of working life in Hong Kong.
Specifically, I will be helping others to understand and gain insights into what it means to take a holistic approach to wellbeing and their lifestyle choices. Also, the importance of wellbeing and how it underpins our performance in and out of work. I will share new ways in which employee wellbeing programs are now evolving with our ability to quantify our work-life balance through a Lifestyle Assessment.
In order to achieve total wellbeing it is important to acknowledge that we have many parts of our lifestyle that require balance and attention. Some of these factors include:
- how we deal with pressure and stress in our lives;
- our ability to switch on and off;
- quality and length of sleep;
- the food and drink we consume;
- frequency and intensity of movement;
- our personal relationship with emotions;
- how we interact and relate to others; and,
- our ability to live authentically so that our personal values are aligned with the values we are exposed to at work, in our relationships and beyond.
Living a life that involves enjoyment, fulfilment and satisfaction can be achieved for the most part by the choices we make in our lifestyle. It is a matter of prioritisation. Learning to develop and cultivate a deeper awareness with your own body and learning to recognise what it needs and how it responds to what it is exposed to will go along way towards feeling a better sense of wellbeing.
Here are some simple tips that for some of you will be a good place to start, others a gentle reminder and what you can come back to in order to achieve a better sense of wellbeing.